

I am sitting at my brother-in-law's house (where we are currently living since we have relocated to Regina, Saskatchewan) and thinking about how nice it is to be able to relax and do nothing sometimes. I was starting to get bored (totally my fault, I try to not let that happen, ever) when I thought maybe I should update my blog a bit.
Truth be told I look at everyones blogs and realize mine is kind of lacking. The frustrating thing for me is I'm not sure how to update it to make it look really cool and when I go to the sites where you can get layouts and all the extras they tend not to work for me. I get these error messages, then I get frustrated, then I tend to go do something else. One day I hope to have a greater knowledge of how this all works and then I will be able to fix whatever issues I am having.
Some people may want a little bit of an update on my life since not everyone knows what is going on. My husband and I recently relocated to Regina, Saskatchewan so that he could help his brother with his company. I am really enjoying it here but Jay really misses Calgary. Not to say that I don't miss Calgary, my family and friends too but I like that it is a different change of pace.
I am so glad that I have a new job doing something completely different than working in newspapers. I now work in a law firm as a legal assistant. I work in downtown Regina which is awesome. There is a big mall and huge park all within walking distance of my office. There is also a farmers market on Wednesdays which is nice to check out and many restaurants to try out. I love learning which I get to do tons in this job and it is challenging. Thank goodness.
I am also getting in shape since I have started working there because I take the stairs. Did I mention, that I am on the 15th floor?? Woo hoo my legs are looking very toned at the moment. We had an election at my work for our social club and I am one of the newest members. We had our first meeting and I think it is going to be fun. I get to be creative and figure out what kind of fun activities we get to hold. I may even make some friends along the way.
The church here is awesome too. It is a lot like my old church in Calgary (the pastors of each church actually know each other). I am involved in the childrens ministry and have been taking some courses through them. I am growing as a person and building my relationship with God. Which is the best thing I can do for me.
We are having a Pancake Brunch at church next week to raise money for the trip to Peru. I think that should be fun. I will probably get to meet some more people at the church as well. Its been really good for me to get out of my comfort zone and try to make some new friends. There are a lot of really awesome people at my church and it is an honour to get to know them.My sister-in-law made the flyers to the left.
If anyone has any neat fundraising ideas you can comment or send me an email with them. We are trying to be creative and have fun at the same time.
Well I think this may be a bit too much information all at once but here we go.
1 comment:
OH I just LOVE Sundays:) Sounds like your new location, although I couldn't pronounce it for the life of me:), is really suiting you for your life right now. As far as the blog goes, maybe after you are finished doing the Lords work he'll give you insite on how to make the blog cute with all the Peru updates you'll be doing:).....and if that doesn't work you can ask me:) Malea helped me to become and expert:)
love yah
Post a Comment