Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Well today is Thanksgiving in Canada. I am so excited. I made a pumpkin pie last night which smells totally awesome. We all wanted to dig in yesterday but we held out to eat it tonight after our turkey dinner. Mel (my sister-in-law) is making the turkey with a little help from her husband Chris and me. I think it is going to be super delicious.
Last night when we were all hanging around the house it started to snow. It was gorgeous watching the flakes fall from the sky and start to make a blanket of white on the ground. I decided to take a walk since it was the first snowfall. I am so glad I did. It was very peaceful walking around with the snow falling around me. I could smell the wonderful aroma of someone's fire. I felt like it was just me and God walking around. Seeing the trees full of snow, being the first to make footprints in the freshly fallen snow. It all reminded me of God's awesomeness. The attention to detail He put into this world and all of his creations. All I can say is WOW! We are so lucky to have a creator that loves us and cares for us passionately.
During that walk I was thinking about Thanksgiving and what I am thankful for. Here are a few of the things that God has done for me this year:
- Provided me with two jobs that were perfect for me, one for the moment and one that I will make my career
- Helped Jay and I with the big move to Regina
- Giving me the strength and courage to become a better person each and every day
- Provided a perfect apartment for Jay and I that we will be moving into November 1st
- Helping me with wedding planning and executing the day perfectly
- Guiding, supporting and loving me even when I did not feel worthy of His love
- Putting the most wonderful people into my life such as:
1. My husband (love him tons)
2. Chris and Mel (thanks for all of your help since we have moved to Regina)
3. My best friends in the whole wide world (Tasha and Ashley, I love you guys)
4. Khristina (thank you for your support especially since I moved to Regina)
5. All of my nieces and nephews (you remind me daily of what is important in life)
6. My mom (you are such a beautiful, kind woman, you are beginning to realize how great you are)
7. My grandparents (they are two of my favourite people in the whole wide world, they are my role models and have always believed in me)
8. Jim Wong (where would my family be without you?)
9. Corey (who else would I have to bug if you weren't around?)
10. Bronwen (for the long discussions we've had and your support in my difficult time)
11. For all of my family and extended family (you have helped me in the past and your thoughts, prayers and love have always kept my going)
There is so much more that God does for me each and every day and so many other people that support and love me. I am truly blessed. God is good and he is always there to help me through everything. I would not be where I am today without Him. Thank you God. I love you.
I hope everyone has a great day and if you are in Canada a great Thanksgiving. Remember to thank the people in your life for everything they do. Where would any of us be without the people in our lives loving and supporting us? I know I would be in a very dark place.

No comments: