Saturday, December 6, 2008

How Time Flies

Mel and I purchased our plane tickets to Peru today. We are so excited. I went so far as to jump up and down like a little girl. It was awesome.

It seems like yesterday that Jay and I moved to Regina. We now have our own apartment, are getting connected at church and I am starting to get into a routine at work. God has blessed us so much along the way, here are a few of the things that has blessed our lives:

- I get to go to Peru on a Missions trip. I have wanted to go on a missions trip for years. I love to travel and I love to help people. I know I will learn a lot along the way and I also know that it is helping me grow spiritually and mentally and I am moving forward to becoming the person God made me to be.

- My mom and our family friend, Jim Wong, are taking me on a cruise in May. Jamaica, the Caribean and Mexico here I come. WOW!! I can't tell you all the ways they have blessed both Jay and I. I am truly blessed to have them in my life.

- Calgary Life Centre and the ROC. Both amazing churches that I have had the privledge to attend. People say it is extremely hard to find good churches but I have been extremely blessed to attend two God breathed, Word based, Love filled congregations. Thank you God for the Pastors and their families.

- I have the best in-laws ever. They are some of the closest friends I have in my life right now. They have helped me through the tough times and frequently remind me of the person I am and who I am in Christ. If I get lost along the way I know they will be right by my side guiding me back to the path that I belong on.

- What would a woman without friends do? They are there to listen, to encourage, to do fun girlie stuff with. I have some of the most amazing friends ever. I miss you guys so much.

- My extended family. I think about them a lot. I grew up with some of the most amazing cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. They truly helped shape me into the best part of who I am now. I don't always get to talk to or see them but they are in my heart and thoughts. I hope they know how much I love them all.

The Christmas hussle and bussle is here. I love to remember that it's Jesus that we are celebrating, his birth, his life. He is love and we should be living in love just as he did. This year as I am preparing for Christmas and getting ready to spend time with family and friends I remember to pause and think about what this time of year is truly about. I hope everyone is healthy, happy and blessed. I know I am!!

No comments: